Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(05-09-2023, 09:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The good news is that the local breweries are likely thriving, even momentarily, as a result of this turmoil.  So, even a short lived win for small businesses.

That's a common argument with boycotts, that it is at least helping small businesses. The only problem with this argument is boycotts rarely hurt the big companies that are the face of these things, but they can hurt the local small businesses that franchise or distribute the product. AB products, for instance, are distributed in my area by one particular distributor. If AB products were boycotted, especially for the long term, you'd see that business feel the effects. It's like with the CfA boycotts. The national brand didn't really feel an impact but local franchise owners took a hit in some places.

Good ol' economics.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Belsnickel - 05-10-2023, 08:13 AM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM