Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wind and Solar Power are pointless alternatives?
(05-10-2023, 12:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: Years of experience can be good.  But that doesn't mean is "opinion" is.

Oil companies, for decades, denied that they affected the climate even though they knew they did.

The engineer also "recently" started doubting climate change....though he has no experience in studying that.

Oh, and he's heavily invested in hydro power.  

But to the topic itself...I wouldn't say "pointless".  Everything we are currently relying on from oil to goal to gas to wood is finite to varying degrees.  We also have lots of people with lots of experience who are showing how those are damaging the Earth.  

So why not invest in alternatives now instead of when we are in a desperate situation?  

Well, he's not alone on doubting the impact human hands have on climate change.  As he states on his intro page, "climate has been changing forever".

I also think that hydro production is the way to go, particularly tidal and wave production.  I think that the issues with that are how efficient is long distance transmission, i.e. how much power is lost over the distance of the transmission to those who don't live near the coast or along rivers?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wind and Solar Power are pointless alternatives? - SunsetBengal - 05-10-2023, 02:07 PM