Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wind and Solar Power are pointless alternatives?
Anyone who has been reading my posts on oil, the future and renewables shouldn't be surprised by this as I have been preaching that sustainability is the key problem with renewables. However, the article lives life in the fairly world where 100% renewables are the only solution. 100% is what people are screaming for, but it is unrealistic for the reasons he, and I, have stated.

Where he is incorrect, is that renewables are pointless because of the lack of storage. The problem is that is a singular solution. My company, TotalEnergies, and the other majors, who will build, run and own the renewable market, are planning to bridge the gap created by sustainability issues with cleaner hydrocarbons. Reducing the use of coal and oil power generation in favor of cleaner natural gas, but in lesser amounts as we approach 2050. TTE estimates only 25% of it's power generation will come from HC's by 2050 (and be carbon neutral) whereas it is over 90% now.

The oil majors have a plan toward renewables and are acting upon it. Meanwhile govt's hem and haw and point fingers talking a lot or doing nothing at all because they have no control over the situation nor the capital to do it themselves. It's always funny to me how much environmentalists hate on the O&G industry when it will be O&G money that walks us into a renewable future.

The real future of renewable energy is fusion, but that's 100 years out, but at least real fusion has finally been achieved.

Lastly, none of this speaks to or has a solution for our crumbling power grid, which cannot handle an EV future.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wind and Solar Power are pointless alternatives? - Stewy - 05-10-2023, 02:09 PM