Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-08-2023, 08:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I really wish I could agree with your point, but I applaud your attempt to be evenhanded.  Certainly much more so then most of the posters here.  How many left wing speakers have been attacked or prevented from speaking at college campuses?  Now, how many right leaning speakers has this happened to?  How many gay pride parades have been attacked by groups of violent protestors?  Now, how many right leaning events/protests have been attacked by groups of violent protestors?  I literally just provided the Glendale example.

The ultimate point is, and what many people here are desperate to avoid confronting, is there is extreme bullshit going on on both ends of the ideological spectrum today.  The only difference of substance is that one side is constantly excused by the mainstream and the other side is consistently demonized, see "domestic terrorist" parents at school board meetings again.  Seriously, at the end of the day I'm going to live my life and enjoy it as best I can.  But I abhor unfairness, and today's society is rife with it, and far too many people here appear to ok with it because it aligns with their personal preferences.

I don't have numbers for you regarding gay pride parades being attacked etc. 

Regarding speakers at college, I think the students should have the right to protest speakers that they think spout hurtful rhetoric. I'm not aware of any speakers being attacked but it wouldn't surprise me. For some on the left, they believe those people's words are literally violence (and in some cases, I agree).

And I think the thing you're picking up on with the media is that one side is fighting for equal rights and the other is fighting against them (or that is the perception at the very least) and people generally view the former more favorably than the latter. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - CJD - 06-08-2023, 08:33 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM