Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-08-2023, 08:33 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm referring to stochastic terrorism.  It is a high bar but it does exist.

Quite sincerely, miss me with that BS.  Direct incitement is a thing and outside of that I don't want to hear it.  This is clearly established law.  Anyone can call Biden worse than Hitler, or Trump worse than Hitler, but if they don't call for direct violent action against them then the only person engaging in that action who is responsible for it is that person.  To think otherwise is to rob adults of their agency, which is untenable in a free society.

Quote:Those are issues, but the right-wing is most concerned with trans people's existence in general. If you believe in trans people's rights to exist but want stringent limits for their access to sports and shelters, that's one thing. The majority of right wing rhetoric is just disrespectful and dehumanizing.

No, some people on the far right are thus concerned.  I highly doubt that many right leaning people would care about transgender adults at all outside of the clearly delineated points already raised.  Was there a huge backlash against Caitlyn Jenner?  Did anyone care at all about Elliot Page?  You didn't really start seeing a pushback until this started being pushed on children.  There will always be extremists, on both sides, but framing this as a solely an extremist position is disingenuous. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-08-2023, 09:25 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM