Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-08-2023, 09:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, some people on the far right are thus concerned.  I highly doubt that many right leaning people would care about transgender adults at all outside of the clearly delineated points already raised.  Was there a huge backlash against Caitlyn Jenner?  Did anyone care at all about Elliot Page?  You didn't really start seeing a pushback until this started being pushed on children.  There will always be extremists, on both sides, but framing this as a solely an extremist position is disingenuous. 

Respectfully, I think you may be buying into the propaganda a bit here. Desire for acceptance via normalization is not the same as "pushing it on children." 

I've heard the exact same rhetoric about interracial couples on commercials "indoctrinating" people to accept the genocide of white people. 

It sounds absurd in 2023 because that group of reactionaries lost that battle.

We still see it regarding gay people as well, (it was much more common right around the legalization of gay marriage) although the current target is absolutely trans people right now. 

There will always be fringe cases where people go too far, as I said, but characterizing an entire movement based on a small number of isolated incidents is what propaganda is literally for. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - CJD - 06-08-2023, 09:36 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM