Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-13-2023, 01:09 AM)Dill Wrote: In any case, when assessing "demons," I'm not interested in lining up tit for tat "both sides do it."  At this conjuncture, what people ought to be recognizing is that one side's demons are the greater threat to civil peace and democracy--i.e., millions of Americans groomed to support a violence-inciting autocrat for president. The first ex president to face criminal charges--and the majority of one party separate his actions from their consequences to the degree they are alienated en masse from their own government. At the moment I do not see a more serious problem than that in our domestic politics. "Confronting extreme bullshit" on both sides just obscures this problem, delays recognition and so solution.

Well stated. 

To simply state that something exists or occurs on both sides is rather disingenuous unless it's also acknowledged - when demonstrable - that the frequency and severity is far more prevalent on one side. 

If two houses have grease fires in the kitchen, but one also has a gas leak, it's logically justified to call extra attention to the one that is more immediately combustible and dangerous. Saying that both houses have grease fires, and are therefore comparable situations, is ignoring the reality of the gas leak and the consequences that could follow.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Lucidus - 06-13-2023, 03:49 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM