Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordell Volson-Can be one of the best
(06-06-2023, 12:07 PM)pally Wrote: per Orlando Brown

I hope he is a great prognosticator!

https://www.bengals.com/news/lg-cordell-volson-has-a-new-fan-in-his-new-left-tackle

"He's got that Pro Bowl potential with his size and mental makeup," Brown says of Volson after one of the voluntary practices before next week's mandatory minicamp. "I think he really uses his height to his advantage. His mindset and his length are two things that are really going to separate him in the long run.

"I think he has the natural talent and ability to become one of the best in the league at what he does."

"(Brown) gives me tips on how those guys would do some things," Volson says. "He'll say, 'Marshal did this,' or 'Joe did that.' It adds tools to the toolbox and maybe it works for me and maybe it doesn't.

"It's always interesting and cool to hear the perspective of guys who have done it somewhere else. See the way they do things. You can see it from the 30,000-foot view."

"It's a good time of year to be refining fundamentals," Brown says. "Get the timing of your double teams down. Get down to details because we're not scheming up the defense. It gives me time to talk to (Volson), see what he's seen, which allows me to feel what he's feeling and we can get to the point where there's an understanding even if something isn't communicated. He really loves the game. He studies."

I became a big fan in preseason. It was obvious he had the intangibles for a good linemen. Nasty, finishes, loves to play, smart and improves. By the last game they played he was holding his own against elite talent. As a 4th rounder. I’m also a fan of Carman and liked the pick on draft day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cordell Volson-Can be one of the best - bengals1969 - 06-14-2023, 11:38 AM