Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-14-2023, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm going to disagree with you on Bellsnickle, Matt often offers fantastic insight into areas of the inner workings of government and policy that I really don't feel like spending the time to educate myself on.  I don't always agree with his opinions, but I damn sure know that he does know what he's talking about.  Stick around a while, and you might learn something..

(06-15-2023, 01:05 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I could not agree more.  I have infinitely more respect for a well reasoned argument completely contrary to my own position than a poorly sourced or conceived take totally in line with my own thoughts.

Thanks, y'all. I think I just confuse a lot of people on my positions. I am a rule-of-law kind of guy, but not exactly cop-friendly. I am very much democratic and for power in the hands of the people, but I am also an institutionalist bureaucrat. I am very progressive (for the US, anyway) on a lot of views but they come from policies espoused by both a Republican and a Democrat (look in my signature if you are confused). I hunt, fish, camp, hike, etc., and with that I have strong view on conservation.

So yeah, I have a weird amalgamation of ideals when it comes to my politics. Combine that with a degree in public policy and administration as well as graduate studies in the same (halfway through the masters, then on to a Ph D, maybe) and over a decade of civil service plus 30-ish years involved in the Boy Scouts of America, you get someone with a very well defined moral and ethical code that is devoted to the public good more than 99% of people in this modern age. Good times. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Belsnickel - 06-15-2023, 06:51 PM