Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-16-2023, 10:29 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That's not what I have been seeing.

College students can't fathom the idea of hearing an alternate perspective, as one example.

Here is what I see happening, coming from someone whose campus had something happen in this arena this semester. We had a very anti-trans speaker on campus this spring and it caused quite a stir. Now, every single organization of the employees and students that were in opposition to the speaker put out statements of support for the LGBTQ community and told their folks to just ignore the speaker. They would be putting on a demonstration of support during the event on the other side of campus to avoid the whole thing. The biggest point of concern was making sure that the administration and the SGA (who provided the funding at the request of the student org hosting this person) were not supporting her views. There was no large scale attempt to silence them. There was an outspoken minority that did, but overall the response was to just ignore the speaker and show support for those that she typically denigrates.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Belsnickel - 06-16-2023, 10:43 AM