Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-20-2023, 07:51 PM)Leon Wrote: educate yourself

This law in Deuteronomy is directed against the truly wanton woman, who has given up her virginity, yet not claimed her rights under Exodus 22:16-17. She did not value her virginity at the time she gave it up, yet she wanted to claim the benefits of it by deceiving her husband.

to moral standard what you describe is just society creating there own that changes all the time and from place to place. the only real standard is God. without Him folks are just deciding what they like and what they dont at any time in history. Gods love is the only thing that is consistent and his Word is the only thing we can rely on to know what is actualy right and wrong.

Cite your sources when trying to pass off quotes as your own thinking.

https://enduringword.com/bible-commentary/deuteronomy-22/

Quote:d. But if the thing is true, and evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman: If this were the case, the woman was to be executed by stoning. This was not only for her sexual promiscuity (to play the harlot), but also for her attempt to deceive her husband.

i. This law must be seen in connection with the command in Exodus 22:16-17, which commands that a man who entices a virgin must surely pay the bride-price for her to be his wife. This law in Deuteronomy is directed against the truly wanton woman, who has given up her virginity, yet not claimed her rights under Exodus 22:16-17. She did not value her virginity at the time she gave it up, yet she wanted to claim the benefits of it by deceiving her husband.

ii. All this simply reinforces the principle that virginity was valued, highly valued, in Israel. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - GMDino - 06-20-2023, 07:55 PM