Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire
(07-13-2023, 12:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What rankles is the extreme hypocrisy by the left on this issue.  January 6th, rightly condemned as an attack on our democracy.  Questioning the integrity of our presidential election, right condemned ass an attack on our democracy.  Schumer threatening justices by name?  POTUS and numerous Dem members of Congress directly attacking the court's validity in the mainstream press?  Nah, that's no problem.

So, I disagree with you on two of these.

First, I disagree that questioning the integrity of our elections is an attack on democracy. To this day I do not have any problems with anyone questioning the integrity of the 2020 or any other election. I just require that there be evidence provided before actions are taken. Questioning is good. Continuing to push conspiracy theories that have been disproven and taking anti-democratic actions based on no evidence are problematic. There is a difference.

I also have no problem with anyone questioning the integrity of any official in the press. If you have receipts, bring them. If there are questions about the integrity of someone, bring it up. Just back up your claims. That is all I want. I understand the concerns about court packing, but right now even talking about court reform gets a hiss from certain segments. The SCOTUS is not beyond reproach, they are a political body whether folks like to pretend otherwise or not.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire - Belsnickel - 07-13-2023, 05:39 PM