Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Let's talk about income inequality
(06-09-2015, 11:15 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm not sure what fake classes have to do with free college for as long as you want and need.  The entire idea behind investing in education is that you'll eventually do something productive with what you learned...you know, an expectation of a societal return as opposed to a free handout.  Otherwise this is just enrollment in college as a qualification for unlimited welfare.

Ben said:

"If someone is willing to even attempt to make an effort at higher education, they should be allowed to do so for free and for as long as they want.  

Progress is not something easy to define."

I told him progress was easy to define, passing your classes and working towards your degree. He then told me that was naive and brought up the UNC scandal as an example as to why grades shouldnt be used.

I dont have a problem with people getting free educations....as long as they are showing true effort towards bettering themselves. But to just allow people to be career students who repeatedly fail, or dont show up for classes regularly is a waste of money. There must be accountability and grades and attendance are a pretty good indicator of effort.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about income inequality - Beaker - 06-09-2015, 11:24 AM