Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon contract restructure finalizing
(07-15-2023, 09:44 AM)WildfireMicro Wrote: If nothing else, this proves that people really want to play with Joe Burrow. Which is nice.

I still think the idea of players wanting to play with Burrow or a championship level team as reason to take less money is very overrated. Mixon may have been willing to take less money to help the team because we are good now but I'm sure it has just as much to do with the fact that we are the team that drafted him. Look at the Chiefs, I don't see a bunch of players giving them a discount. The most I see is players struggling to secure a multi year deal taking the single year prove it deal with them and then moving on.

I'm not worried about signing Burrow as I know the team will get something done eventually. But with Mixon taking the pay cut am I the only one that will be upset if we don't see some extensions get done this offseason. Like if we go into the season without extending either Wilson, Higgins or Burrow I will be a little upset. I'm also still a little in the don't extend Higgins camp just because I think it will handcuff us too much in other areas.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - NUGDUKWE - 07-15-2023, 10:14 AM