Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon contract restructure finalizing
(07-14-2023, 09:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If it's ACTUALLY a restructure, I hate it because it means you're committing to a player for next year as well.

If it's him taking a pay cut, I like it but not as much as if they had replaced him during FA or even done this paycut before/during FA so they could have added more talent with the savings.

I kind of share your disappointment with the extra year of commitment, when he could have been totally off the books next year. However, I will wait & see the final numbers first. 

It feels like a hedge for both sides. We still lost Perine & don't know what Brown will look like yet. So we get Mixon locked in for another year at a discounted price, and Joe gets two seasons of income where he'd probably have been cut (this year or next) without it. 

As for the $$$ saved, I have to think that is for extensions rather than FAs. This shouod put us around $20 mil in cap space this year, with extensions for Burrow, Tee, and Wilson yet to do. And with Reader, Chido, and Boyd FAs pending next year, and Chase extension eligible. I think it goes into the extension piggy bank rather than to sign a FA. Thiugh a little more wiggle room might be useful come the fall. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 07-15-2023, 12:36 PM