Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon contract restructure finalizing
(07-16-2023, 10:11 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I would argue that any metric he is using is dubious at best and is also likely massively carried by the Carolina game. I’m not a fan of removing a result from a dataset but the Panthers game was much a massive outlier it is fair to point out. From week five on, Mixon averaged 4.6 yards per carry and gained 590 yards. If you remove that Panthers game, his YPC drops from 4.6 to 4.1. It’s the same with his advanced metrics, too. They all tank without the Panthers game.

He was marginally better after the scheme change and had one outlier game to really boost his numbers.

Sharp Football Analytics says Joe Mixon wasn't even the most efficient runner on the Bengals roster let alone the league...

Quote:Unfortunately, Mixon was not very good last season on top of things.

Despite leading the league in percentage of runs to come against light boxes (42.2%), Mixon averaged:

• 3.9 yards per carry (36th among all backs with 100 or more carries)
  • 2.61 yards after contact per carry (39th)
  • 8.4% of his carries went for 10 or more yards (34th)
Mixon rushed for 100 yards in just two games. Over the back half of the season, Mixon was outplayed at times by Samaje Perine, who posted higher efficiency metrics across the board.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/bengals-draft-needs-team-nfl-2023/
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Synric - 07-16-2023, 12:29 PM