Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon contract restructure finalizing
(07-17-2023, 01:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He only receives the incentives if he reaches certain production numbers, correct?  Meaning if he has a poor season the team saved $4.5M, if he gets his act back together and plays like he did 2 years ago, the team will still have saved some money while Mixon gets an earned bonus.  Seems like a win-win situation to me.

I'm less concerned with what happens at the end of the year than what the current cap is. IDK for certain, but the incentives are included in the cap number, correct? So how much room we have to sign guys to extensions and bring in a player in-season, if needed, are what matters most. 

Next year was a team option. The chances we pick that up just went way up. We were looking at $10 mil in savings if we oet him walk, more than enough to sign a better/replacement like Cook. Now? It may be tougher to find a replacement for a similar price. 

As for the incentives, word is they are not hard to hit. I'd wager if he does not hit them, there is no next year. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 07-17-2023, 04:19 PM