Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon contract restructure finalizing
(07-19-2023, 09:10 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well I said most likely and I think because that a 2.75 million dead cap plus signing a FA for 5 million doesn’t do much for them. And money is going to be at a premium and they didn’t take those kind of hits before. They for sure can draft a running back. But their needs are a moving target. Will they need to draft a Reader replacement? Will they need to draft a Higgins or Wilson replacement? Hopefully not on all of those. Maybe Chase Brown or Trayveon develop. Mixon has done the right thing regardless of his options. I think they’ve somewhat committed to him through his contract. We’ll see.

His performance didn’t live up to the last contract. This the restructure. It remains to be seen if his performance lives up to the new contract. If it doesn’t he is replaceable. Replacing him may be more related to performance than cap savings. And not tipping off the opposing defense what the offense will do when they substitute him out of the game for a RB who can pass block.

On the subject of former Sooners, Perrion Winfrey was released for an off the field incident that sounds familiar.

Edited to add: Breece Hall’s cap hit was $1.6M.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-19-2023, 11:04 PM