Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-02-2023, 05:08 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: We're objectively worse defensively until the young replacments show that they're adequete.

(08-02-2023, 09:44 PM)PDub80 Wrote: There is no way the Bengals are worse on D than last year. NO WAY.

- Deeper D line

- MUCH deeper 2ndary (CB room is LOADED & Juan Drago Turner is looking like a STUD)

- Best CB returns healthy

- CTB more experienced

- Deeper at Safety

Where is this defense weak? Safety? They have a first round pick & a strong, sought after vet back there starting & a 2nd rounder backing them up along with Anderson who's no slouch.

It’s naive to think initially that Dax/Scott are as good as Bates/Bell. They don’t have the cohesiveness or familiarity. Dax Hill is more athletic. But you have to look at the big picture. They couldn’t afford those guys. I do think we are getting better at corner. So it cushions that some. All these coaches talk about every team is a new team every year. But trying to perpetrate because of the safety spot the defense won’t be as good is a fail. It doesn’t take in consideration where we are better. We are faster and better at corner, better on the edge, and depth considerably better everywhere on defense. Everybody thinks KC’s _____ don’t stink. They are vulnerable at LT. Donovan Smith had 12 penalties and sacks last year. He had a great year the previous year. May work out but that’s not a spot you screw with. Everybody’s roster isn’t without warts. It’s how many warts and how big they are.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Soonerpeace - 08-03-2023, 09:20 AM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM