Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon contract restructure finalizing
https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-mixon-seeks-to-re-write-bengals-record-book

Quote:Mixon wants to make the whole run in Cincinnati. "Not many guys play for just one team. I want to be that person."

"One, it fits me. I love the community here I've been here since I was 20 years old," Mixon says. "The city has embraced me. My teammates do the same. Same with ownership. If there's a place where I would want to stay for my whole career, it's here."

In Bengals president Mike Brown, Mixon has found a guy who believes in loyalty as much as he does.
"All I'm trying to do is be the best investment for him in return and do whatever I can to be there and get his first Super Bowl," Mixon says.

Quote:"I see the bigger picture. I see the task at hand and what we're trying to build and in order to keep other players here and pieces here, sometimes you have to sacrifice," Mixon says. "I felt like this year was the year to sacrifice on the Super Bowl team we can potentially be.

"That was my stance on it. We agreed on a number with great compensation this year with the incentives. Off my last deal, I feel like they allowed me to work to be able to make that money back. That's cool. I'll go work for it."

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - pally - 08-03-2023, 12:01 PM