Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tentative AFC playoff quarterbacks
(12-28-2015, 07:59 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Okay, since AJ McCarron became our starting QB,  I've been skeptical about how far he can or can't take us come playoff time. And to be honest, I still am. But in reviewing the AFC teams that are currently in the playoffs if the season ended today, even I have become a little more optimistic. Why? Look no further than the starting QB list for said teams:

New England - Tom Brady
Cincinnati - AJ McCarron
Denver - Brock Osweiller
Houston-Brandon Weeden
Kansas City-Alex Smith
New York -  Ryan Fitzpatrick

Now while the verdict is definitely still out on what we have in AJ McCarron, I think one can rightly say that he has the ability to play at or above the level of at least 3, maybe even 4 of those quarterbacks.  Other than Brady the rest are just kinda ho-hum.  I know there are flashes here and there from some of the others on that list, but Brady is the only one that truly strikes fear in a team.

Looking at what this bengals team has to offer as a whole and seeing the qb's that are on the AFC contenders has me thinking more positively today. It's still a long shot in my mind, but I do believe it can be done.

Hopefully after tonight this positive thinking will have grown even more.

No way I can put him above Smith and Fitzpatrick, they are veterans and have also performed at a good to strong level this year.. Jets offense right now is playing as well as any offense in the AFC..   I would throw Brock and Weeden in with AJ and say any given Sunday one could be better than the other right now...   and lets not count out Big Ben... Jets have a very tough game in Bufflalo.. I don;t see Denver losing both of their last games so im not buying that way the Steelers could get in.. so to me it gets down to Buffalo game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tentative AFC playoff quarterbacks - Essex Johnson - 12-28-2015, 08:20 PM