Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Will We Improve The Line This Offseason?
(10-03-2023, 12:35 AM)puddycat Wrote: Does anyone think that if we had drafted Penei Sewell that he would now be the elite RT that he is now?  I don't.  How is it possible that all our OL FAs regress when they get here?  Is Clint Boling (2011) a 4th rounder the last OL drafted to outperform his draft position?  My problem is that our OL are far from the only players on offense who don't show up ready to play on Sunday.  Can we afford these players to regress any more?  No.

And that's the interesting debate. I think Sewell was a great prospect. But, Jonah Williams was considered a finished product too.

Evan Mathis sucked here. Then went to the Eagles and was the best Guard in the league. This was quite some time ago.

He did an AMA on Reddit or something similar and talked about how the Eagles had a really aggressive blocking scheme and he called himself a caveman and said it fit him well. The implication was that the Bengals used a passive scheme.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will We Improve The Line This Offseason? - THE PISTONS - 10-03-2023, 09:04 AM