Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Time to move on from Frank Pollack
(10-10-2023, 03:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't know anything about him. He was at Wisconsin in 21, Virginia Tech in 22 and ND in 23? Can he not keep a job or did he break contract, or was hs under contract? Does he want to coach in the pros? Fill me in on him....

Leaving Wisconsin was probably him seeing the writing on the wall for Paul Chryst. Chryst got fired after only 5 games into the 2022 season and then the whole coaching staff got changed in '23 when they brought in Fickell... so he got out just before things became a mess, and his value was still good.

Don't know the details on leaving Virginia Tech, but I imagine it has to do with Virginia Tech being in the ACC. Moving to Notre Dame is a clear step up as one team is competing for the College Football Playoffs and the other the Belk Bowl and Pinstripes Bowl. I don't know his salary in both locations, but I do know Notre Dame was paying Kelly like $9.5m/yr as the HC a few years ago there and the Virginia Tech HC is making like $4.5m/yr.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to move on from Frank Pollack - TheLeonardLeap - 10-10-2023, 07:43 PM