Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Time to move on from Frank Pollack
(10-13-2023, 09:01 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: To some extent, any extra work during a bye week is limited by the CBA and therefore out of coaches control.

https://overthecap.com/collective-bargaining-agreement/article/24/section/2

NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement

Article 24
Regular Season and Postseason Practices

Section 2
Bye Weeks

During any regular season bye week period occurring during the term of this Agreement, players will be given a minimum of four consecutive days off. Such four-day period must include a Saturday and a Sunday unless the Club is scheduled to play a game on the Thursday following the bye week, in which case players may be required to report to the Club on the Sunday preceding the Thursday game. In such an event, the four-day period shall be Wednesday through Saturday. Any injured player may be required to undergo medical or rehabilitation treatment during such four-day period provided that such treatment is deemed reasonably necessary by the Club’s medical staff.”

Still, I’d like to see Zac tighten up the weekly practice schedule.

Hey, still enough time to learn some things. But yeah, kind of sucks because the coaches cannot implement these things.

This team could be so good if they had some of the Kyle Shanahan strategies.

We have a physical team, we aren't just speed like the Phins.

(10-13-2023, 09:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: A good coach makes players better. Not seeing it. If Zac asked him to name three reasons to keep him, what would he say? I don’t know who to replace him with. I’m not an NFL executive, but to think there isn’t somebody who can do a better job next year is ludicrous.

Sharrone Moore, OL coach Michigan is who I want right now to replace Frank Pollack.

(10-13-2023, 10:17 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Good point here. I get that Collins and Jonah had injuries to deal with that really affected them. Fair enough. But not developing guys like Volson or Carman or getting the most out of the high money guys we’ve signed is just plain to see. I feel like Cappa, Karras, and Brown have all the physical talent but they miss things like twists and stunts as though they are seeing it for the first time and like they aren’t ready for it. I just have a hard time believing they all those guys are the problem and not the coach.

Yep, if anything the players we brought in in FA have regressed under Pollack. Not being able to develop the young players in 
Volson and Carman are the toppers to me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to move on from Frank Pollack - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-13-2023, 11:34 PM