Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Time to move on from Frank Pollack
(10-16-2023, 01:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's odd to me that they don't hesitate to put Drew Sample in the backfield for pass protection on empty sets when the defense shows pressure, but on running plays it's just Joe Mixon standing their like usual.  Not even the slightest hint of "we're going to do something a little different than the first 118 times we've handed the ball off this year".  I mean, you've got one of, if not the best blocking TE in the league on the roster.  He seems to embrace the role of a blocker, why not utilize him as an H-back?

Utilizing an H-back in the formation, even just a few times per game give the defense another list of potential plays that they must prepare for.

Most definitely. The Offensive coaches need to add a bunch more plays over the bye and add some new wrinkles. I like the motion
we are using but we need to get the running game going if we are going to go on a run. More of Sample at H-back, more Jumbo 
packages etc.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to move on from Frank Pollack - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-16-2023, 01:44 PM