Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Al Jazeera in the sports world
(12-30-2015, 03:20 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: So the blaze is not propaganda?  Or is it merely the gov subsidy given to NPR you have issues with?  

Should be zero money given by the government. Once you take money you are beholden to a master. If NPR stopped taking gov cash and only used private funds/donations then I would take them off the list.

The blaze isn't propaganda in the sense that they are not beholden to anyone except themselves. You may disagree with their slant, but that's not propaganda.

You can tell even which networks the politicians are beholden .... Look at which networks do the debates. Those are the ones filling the coffers of the parties and politicians and in return the beholden parties grant them the ratings bump of a debate. The parties could stream the debates and keep them as a file we could always go back to watch on demand to compare positions of the candidates. Break them up by candidate and position. Which would be a game changer for the voter.

The slant of the news is what it is ... It's when the politicians/gov and media are cahoots that we all suffer. In the other examples we mentioned before .... The actual gov funds and runs the networks. That's just crazy. I admit I like Russian culture and will always give Russian people the benefit of the doubt but there is no need we need to pretend that RT isn't biased.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Al Jazeera in the sports world - StLucieBengal - 12-30-2015, 08:58 PM