Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Enforcement of the 14th Admendment, Article 3
(01-07-2024, 07:38 PM)Dill Wrote: That's why I like to distinguish between Trump "supporters" and Trump "defenders."

The latter tend to represent themselves as "non partisan" while subsuming wide swaths of centrist and liberal politics under the rubric "leftist," Fox news style. 

E.g., while emphasizing how much they dislike Trump the person they nevertheless rush to defend his polices and blame the 
"leftist" media for "exaggerating" his bad behavior. They step up to empathize with and defend Trump supporters and their deluded, seditious
actions to the point of arguing that Trump should not be held legally accountable for his actions for fear of upsetting his followers. 

They have tremendous difficulty recognizing anything especially sinister and disqualifying in Trump's attempted autogolpe and his continued control of an
organized major political party and fervid support by millions.  No, "the left" is still the real problem for these "non-partisans." 

And that's what probably explains the strange, oblique angle through which they approach US politics--they cannot bring themselves to endorse
the P-grabber, but their politics are so right-wing, they just have to run interference when and wherever Trump's actions seem
to empower what they call "the left."  So we see them always attacking the attackers, while verbally distancing from MAGA.

They are "Independents" LOL not endorsing either side.

Spot on.

I too never said supporter, hell I didn't say defender. I said they say they say they are not defending him and then find a way to do just that.

They will accuse everyone else of being partisan, say "others" make accusations if you don't agree 100% and then claim to be above it all.  Generally responding with insults and nothing of substance.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enforcement of the 14th Admendment, Article 3 - GMDino - 01-07-2024, 09:44 PM