Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Fox News Continues Dominance
(12-18-2023, 05:13 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That's not a fair comparison.

Wrestlers actually have to work to sell their performances.

Point taken and agreed.  
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 05:13 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That's not a fair comparison.

Wrestlers actually have to work to sell their performances.

Interesting analogy, though, if you compare professional wrestling to, say, college or Olympic wrestling.

The latter's contest is real and the former's is theatrical performance.

But if they both have take downs and pins then they are both equally real to some, or maybe one is
a bit more real because of all the chair-smashing and bad-mouthing.

It does seem to me that people who buy into Trump claims that the election was rigged and
the DOJ has been "weaponized" have difficulty distinguishing reality from performance in this sense.

The drama makes it more "real," converts innuendo and speculation into what feels like facts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Is this real?  Why would Fox News go after a job creator who pulled herself up by her bootstraps like this?

[Image: Jesse-Watters-Primetime-Fox-News.jpg?quality=80]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 11:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Is this real?  Why would Fox News go after a job creator who pulled herself up by her bootstraps like this?

It's b/c she is a successful woman and there's one thing a Trump supporter cannot stand, its a successful woman or a minority.  They want to control her body and her mouth.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 11:25 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: It's b/c she is a successful woman and there's one thing a Trump supporter cannot stand, its a successful woman or a minority.  They want to control her body and her mouth.

It is funny seeing how often people have a rage boner for entertainers or athletes.  They are rich, but their parents weren't rich...I guess you're the American dream personified, but they don't have to like it.

As I've said, people used to be hatefully obsessed with money, but now so few people have money that we've had to become hatefully obsessed with other people's money. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 11:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It is funny seeing how often people have a rage boner for entertainers or athletes.  They are rich, but their parents weren't rich...I guess you're the American dream personified, but they don't have to like it.

As I've said, people used to be hatefully obsessed with money, but now so few people have money that we've had to become hatefully obsessed with other people's money. 

That's what is known in psychology as reaction formation.  Isn't it funny how these same folks cannot wait for Saturday and Sunday afternoons to turn on the TV or pay hundreds of dollars to watch these people they despise play ball or perform?
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 11:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Is this real?  Why would Fox News go after a job creator who pulled herself up by her bootstraps like this?

Someone got the Fox News trick right here on this board lol. 

Defamation with a "?" at the end is the new free speech. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 12:01 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Someone got the Fox News trick right here on this board lol. 

Defamation with a "?" at the end is the new free speech. 

The old "Hey I'm just asking questions!" defense...not just for trying to JUST ask your wife if she would think it'd be kinda fun to get into schoolgirl-themed threesomes with at least 1 specific friend of hers....hey now, I'm just asking questions here, if you get mad you're being the unreasonable one!

I also think of the dudes caught by Chris Hansen trying to get with a teen.  You asked a 14 year old girl if she does anal?!  "It's a question!  What's wrong with asking questions?!"
Reply/Quote