Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Use of derogatory names for politicians and groups of people
(03-06-2024, 07:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The problem with that is that Trump and the MAGA movement are not conservative in nature. There is a difference between conservativism and the ideology of MAGA.

(03-06-2024, 07:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: First, I will be better from now on.

As for MAGA, to me it is the context in which is used. I think mods can determine if its use is to attack or in good conscience.

I completely agree with Matt that the portion of the Republican base that self identifies as being part of the "MAGA" crowd is in stark contrast with traditional conservativism and it's values.  I can also see the point that Luvnit2 is making about weather it's being used as a term of endearment or as a derogatory label. (Think of the old saying "you'd better smile, when you use the term "redneck") 

As for me, I'm fine with MAGA being used as it clearly looks like Trump is going to be the nominee, so long as the Democrat base is fine with being labeled "LIBS" and such.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Use of derogatory names for politicians and groups of people - SunsetBengal - 03-06-2024, 07:59 PM