Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No team I'd rather us face in the Playoffs
(01-04-2016, 10:31 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't think we'll make it out of the first round regardless of who we're playing.

Having to play the Steelers kind of seals it for me. I'd be very very surprised if we win. I'd be surprised if we don't lose by at least 10 points.

I hope and pray that we beat them, but I just don't see how that is possible.

I share your apprehension.  The Bengals are an enigma to me.   One minute they look dominant, the next they look like clowns.  The bend don't break defense is a psychological thriller (for me) and favors the opposition psychologically.  But I have to admit it works to a degree.   The big problem is that it keeps our defense on the field too long.

Our sloppiness on offense belies the talent we have.  And the predictable poor use of time outs because we can't get the play in on time robs our momentum at crucial times.

But then we'll start ramming Hill down their throats and we'll pull AJ and Eifert out of the bag.   We're a dangerous team.  We just need to be more professional.  We should be over the above issues.  We were having them with Dalton too so it's not AJ.

If we can learn from our failures over the season:  dealing with the blitz, dealing with the zone, getting plays in on time, not calling cute plays that use up the pre-snap clock and invite the scorn of opposing defenders, making in game adjustments to the other team's adjustments...   we have the talent to totally eviscerate the AFC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: No team I'd rather us face in the Playoffs - 3wt - 01-04-2016, 01:12 PM