Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence..
(03-22-2024, 01:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's OK when we do it.   ThumbsUp

Ok when "we" spontaneously protest police murder. Yes.

Not ok when "you" storm the Capitol to overturn a valid election,
directed to the spot and sent into action by an autocrat who wants to remain in power.

Thinking that's a double standard is just confusion about standards

--i.e., about which standards maintain a liberal democracy and which don't.

(03-22-2024, 01:54 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Maybe not the same motivation but maybe the same mindset.
2 wrongs don't make a right.
See how easy that is to condemn both.

Yo MB! I quite agree that protestors who rioted were wrong. 

And I'm not lumping those rioters in with Trump supporters who did not break the law on Jan. 6.

But I think NOT the same mindset, and not the same danger to democracy.

The BLM protests were spontaneous and mostly peaceful and concerned to right what most agree was a real wrong.
Biden didn't call them together with a Big Lie and send them to attack a police station for his personal gain,
then watch while ignoring aides and Rachel Maddow telling him to call it off.
And Facebook memes not withstanding, he condemned any and all who turned to violence.

The Capitol protesters were organized as part of plan to steal an election,
and set into action by a then still-sitting president, who still praises their
actions and promises to free the "patriot hostages" if elected.

So when I post an image of the Capitol riot, the claim is not "you" riot and "we" don't.
But that evidence of Trump wrongdoing is a matter of public record--visual and documentary.

I'm disputing the claim/assumption that evidence of Biden wrong doing is "overwhelming"
or on the same footing as  evidence of Trump wrong doing. The Biden "evidence" is rehearsed in the Luvnit posts before this one.

Stewy got it right:  there continues to be this attitude of "it's coming", which has been going on for over two years and at the end of the road, every time, it's just been Hunter Biden standing there looking like a douche. There has been no EVIDENCE, in this multi-year hunt for corruption that the POTUS had any dealings in his sons dirty deeds. No evidence. Zero. None.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence.. - Dill - 03-22-2024, 05:31 PM