Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trump invited to wake of slain NYC police officer Diller
(03-29-2024, 06:02 AM)hollodero Wrote: I also found it wild how all of a sudden many republicans didn't give a shit. Calling the Capitol violence a tourist visit and whatnot.
I don't like the other party too much, but at least they do not call violent rioters heroes or incredible patriots and as of now don't contemplate pardons.

Trump went from saying the 1/6 participants were criminals who don't represent America and will pay for what they've done (when he had actual power to intervene on their behalf) to saying they are hostages and patriots who are being treated very unfairly (once he no longer had power to intervene on their behalf).

Call me skeptical he will follow up on his current narrative if he gets the chance. His words are gospel and his actions are irrelevant, so he doesn't even need to follow up on things or stay consistent. 

And while I don't expect Trump and maga to ever turn on the police on a large scale, the guy can clearly turn reality on a dime with a significant number of Americans.  Any alliance with Trump goes only as far as he wants it to.  

Based on how the maga crowd acted on 1/6 it looks to me like they love the police and law until the police and law stupidly get in their way, and then they declare anyone who would try to stop them to be fake ass police and therefore not subject to respectful treatment. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump invited to wake of slain NYC police officer Diller - Nately120 - 03-29-2024, 06:52 AM