Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence..
(03-31-2024, 05:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You'll find numerous examples in my posts of how Israel could, and should do better.  You'll also find many examples of how much I dislike the Orthodox right of Judaism.  You'll also find my agreeing that there are times the IDF could, and should, have operated with more restraint.  You'll also find my agreeing that their conduct in the West Bank is often times deplorable.

Israel could "do better."  Steady dispossession of Palestinians could be managed without "deplorable conduct." 

Political discussions about the Middle East can be more than a rehearsal of likes and dislikes, followed by policing of the wrong dislikes.

(03-31-2024, 05:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: But here's where I differ with you on Dill.  He has consistently made excuses for Islamic extremism, for ISIS, Al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah and the terrorist supporting state of Iran.  He is very clearly pro-Islamic, to the point where he refuses to even acknowledge the regressive force of extremist Islam as a catalyst for misogyny and homophobia throughout the Islam majority world.  It is, in fact, my pointing this out that caused the major rift between us.  I do believe he is smart enough to pepper his posts with calls for Hamas's destruction, all the while mitigating their actions, because he knows to do otherwise would be alienating.  One need look no further that his flat out stated usurpation of the Israeli hostage thread I created.  When I pointed out he was hijacking a thread on Israeli hostages to bang the drum on IDF war crimes he simply stated, "I like this thread just fine."

I will close by reiterating, Dill flat out stated he does not believe Israel has a right to exist as it has at any time post WW2.  I honestly didn't think he'd admit this, but doing so rather cemented my opinion of him on this issue

Again, we're not going to get any examples of my alleged "excuses" and "mitigation." Just your word I do this "consistently."

Until we get the evidence, this is just old-style denunciation of witches or the religiously heterodox. or new Trump-style denunciation of "racist" prosecutors 
and the like. It's about creating and deploying emotional hot buttons for ideological policing, not about evidence, or we'd have the evidence. 

And now I'm "pro-Islamist" too. My "support" for ISIS didn't "cement" your opinion? And if I'm smartly "peppering" my posts with calls for Hamas' destruction, why won't that undermine all my "mitigation"? Where's Occam's razor now? 

Trying to make this a black vs. white conflict and discounting any notion of possible shades of grey merely makes the person arguing that look both intentionally disingenuous and a dogmatic adherent.

I acknowledge the regressive force of extremist Islam as a catalyst for misogyny and homophobia throughout the Islam majority world. Not a problem.

But I do have a problem with allowing such acknowledgement to displace critical thinking and contextual analysis with ready made stereotypes deployed for ideological ends.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence.. - Dill - 04-01-2024, 12:33 AM