Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence..
(04-04-2024, 07:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: More than just the lack of infrastructure for electric cars, the fact that they aren't yet even a feasible option for most Americans economically or technologically.  Not only do they cost a lot, they don't have enough range for road trips, recharging is a lengthy process, replacing the battery is about the same as 70% of the car's retail value when it was new, disposal of the battery material is an eco-hazard in and of itself, and they eat the hell out of tires. About the only practical applications for them are just for local driving and for moderate commuters.

The government is pushing a commodity weak in demand. Only 7% of vehicles on the road are electric. Just today another auto maker Ford is slowing down on electric car production. 

I agree with you, they are local driving option currently due to a poor job by Joe creating charging stations. He was given the money, but problem is the land to put them. Some say a gas station is an option, but why would a gas station give up gasoline pumps for charging stations? 

I purchased a new home in Florida in 2022, and it came with electric in my garage to charge a vehicle. But I have no desire to buy an electric vehicle. Take a close look, their resell value sucks versus gas powered vehicles. They also are high maintenance. The government needs to stay out of the car business, like everything else they touch it goes to hell. 

But hey, trust Mayor Pete, the new Biden salesperson to buy electric. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence.. - Luvnit2 - 04-04-2024, 07:18 PM