Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Judge pressing jurors to see if they are impartial
(04-15-2024, 03:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump hate and Trump love isn't symmetrical, though.  The thing is that he's spent decades being rather disliked and using that as a selling point.  Then 35% or so of the population decides he's the greatest person ever and calls out the haters. Trump thrives off of hate, and Trump supporters love him the more people hate him, so I guess they picked the right guy there.  Yes, people hate Trump...he's also the only president who was elected 30+ years after pretty much everyone from Sesame Street on down took shots at him.

It'd be like if tomorrow 35% of Americans just decided that Yoko Ono was the best musician ever and complained that people hated her.  Well duh, they've been doing that for decades, you're the ones who decided to do a societal 180 on it.  If you want to hitch your wagon to someone a lot of people hate, you should expect even more haters than a usual politician is going to get.

I don't think I can fully agree with you here.  Prior to running in 2016 Trump was a rather well liked figure.  I know we're going back further, but dude was in Home Alone 2.  He was basically synonymous with NYC.  I may not have the exact year that this changed correct, but it wasn't much earlier than 2016.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Judge pressing jurors to see if they are impartial - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-15-2024, 04:00 PM