Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Judge pressing jurors to see if they are impartial
(04-15-2024, 07:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was listening to a Jon Justice podcast the other day and he was playing a clip from one of the jurors in the OJ case. They all thought he was guilty, but voted not guilty because they were afraid of more riots. This came shortly after the Rodney King riots. In case anyone wants to listen, his podcast was dated 4-12. Last Friday, and found on IHeart radio.

As for Clinton, I felt the same way you did and I couldn't figure out why people gave a damn about his personal life. I don't care if a POTUS bangs half the planet. What I do care about is if he has our country in his best interest and works hard to makes us better, which he did. Great president IMO. And, before someone chimes in and says, "but he was banging her in the WH." Again, who cares? America can afford a set of blue curtains. 

I think the OJ verdict may have, cynically speaking, been a bit of a "sorry for Rodney King, we'll let OJ go and call it a fresh start ok?"  As for Bill Clinton, he ran for president 30+ years ago, in that low information age it was less known how much of a sleazebag he was so there was an amount of surprise that people aren't showing for Trump, because Trump was openly sleazy and sexually predatory before we shrugged and said "Meh, you can be president anyways" rather with Clinton where for most folks he was on his second term before the veil was lifted.

As a means to show how the way people perceive Trump has shifted, he  at one time committed a crime to prevent this affair from getting out there, where now it getting out there that he did it and that he committed a crime to cover it up is damn near a source of pride.  I suppose there is a sort of "that's our Slick Willie!" to the Bill Clinton mythos, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Judge pressing jurors to see if they are impartial - Nately120 - 04-15-2024, 08:04 PM