Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Judge pressing jurors to see if they are impartial
(04-17-2024, 07:19 PM)Dill Wrote: It's not the hush money that is illegal; it is the election fraud.

I think back in 2016, Trump's power simply wasn't consolidated to the degree it is now.
Many GOP politicians would have openly criticized him and withdrawn support.
Hard to believe in 2024, with his party in lock step behind him. No more "mavericks."

He'd have lost SOME voters back then, if he'd shot someone on 5th Avenue.  
So paying the hush money made sense, and probably worked.
Also, he still had to go home to Melania, who's likely not happy to
be so publicly shamed.

A few months into his win though, all such danger was past. He was able to stop investigation
into the hush money and undo convictions of cronies like Flynn. Four years later he was
able convince millions the election had been stolen and attempt a coup
--the attempt to circumvent democracy increasing his popularity.

Now, out of office, his party control makes him the most powerful player in the House.
Despite his very open and brazen use of the DOJ to punish enemies and quash investigations,
--before even the attempted coup--all the Buzz now is how Biden weaponized the DOJ.
And we'll have the proof soon. Very soon.

I'm just curious about something.

You keep standing on principles, but I think Obama should have been tried for war crimes. He did something that was very disturbing to me. 
I'm curious if you even know what I'm talking about. If you do, then your opinion on it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Judge pressing jurors to see if they are impartial - Mike M (the other one) - 04-18-2024, 06:46 PM