Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2025 NFL allowing a 3rd helmet option
(04-22-2024, 09:28 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: That top pic of Burrow should give everyone nightmares. Cover up the Bengals on the side of the helmet and it’s a picture of him as the Browns QB

Black with orange stripes is the way to go. Bengals are now known for the stripes/best helmets so the next great helmet is the inverted one.

Also, most of the truly great players listed who wore the original Browns style helmet had their finest hour with the stripes on their heads (Bengals 1st SB appearance)

Yes, gives me nightmares as a Bengals fan to think of Burrow on the Browns. I would think it would do the same to all of us.

Black with Orange stripes or Black with a badazz tiger on the sides would be more like it for me. Just not the old leaping tiger that looked funky.

Has to look fierce and not too cartoon like.

I trust the FO to get it right and for it to look cool and not look like the Browns helmets/uni's.

(04-23-2024, 11:14 AM)The Clapp Wrote: Do you get it?   Obviously not. Paul Brown took the Browns uniforms as a FU to THAT team.. hence the same colors.. He changed the helmet design radically, to distance the team from Cleveland. What sense does it make to have a throw back uniform (not just helmet) that would basically honor the Browns? 

Edit:  I have nothing against using the orange helmet with Bengals on the side as long as you can show me a tiger in the wild with Bengals written across the side of it.. I mean if we are going by the logic that there is no such thing as a black tiger with orange stripes. All joking aside.. i dont mind the orange helmet..its the damn uniforms i dont want..

Exactly, the FU to THAT team is over, Paul moved on and did the stripes which are so much better in every way.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2025 NFL allowing a 3rd helmet option - IcoHolic - 04-22-2024, 06:57 AM
RE: 2025 NFL allowing a 3rd helmet option - IcoHolic - 04-22-2024, 07:52 AM
RE: 2025 NFL allowing a 3rd helmet option - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-23-2024, 04:45 PM