Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2025 NFL allowing a 3rd helmet option
I actually like the third helmet thing. Would add to the league. Sorry for those that don't like it. And just would be great to have three options.
Ready for May Day and Spring Fever!
Reply/Quote
I'm for it, but only if the Bengals do a throwback and not some modern oddity. I'm not a big fan of what Detroit has done with their black logo helmet. It reminds of all the "modernisation" of logos and uniforms across the big 4 in the 90s, the NBA and NHL had some awful things come about. (What they did to my Blue Jays was also horrid).

I definitely don't want to see an inverted black and orange striped helmet.

But "Bengals" or the original football cat... I wouldn't mind seeing some mock-ups.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 06:57 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: I'm for it, but only if the Bengals do a throwback and not some modern oddity. I'm not a big fan of what Detroit has done with their black logo helmet. It reminds of all the "modernisation" of logos and uniforms across the big 4 in the 90s, the NBA and NHL had some awful things come about. (What they did to my Blue Jays was also horrid).

But "Bengals" or the original football cat... I wouldn't mind seeing some mock-ups.

The jacked steroid blue jay during the Delgado years was infinitely better than the black and silver Vernon Wells uniforms

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 07:03 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: The jacked steroid blue jay during the Delgado years was infinitely better than the black and silver Vernon Wells uniforms

Yeah, those weren't great... but at least they were sort of blue!
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 01:04 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Quick which team is which?

[Image: hqdefault.jpg][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6PedqvB8Pk-9CpGVB--X...g&usqp=CAU]

You guys are evidently totally missing the fact that Paul Brown moved a couple of hundred miles up the road and took their uniforms with him. It was a giant FU to the Browns organization, which is named after him. 
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2024, 06:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The "reality" argument is really silly when we're talking about unis. I like the pic Jason posted with the bigger blocked "BENGALS" on the side. Can't see Sled's pics.

Not the same one's originally posted, but I can't find those right now..... sorry for those who don't like them, but this will be the deal, just watch.... Burrow just out there all Greg Cook looking.... Cool

[Image: FnhRtj0XEAAZdux.jpg:large]

[Image: GK4OzNgXUAABvxx?format=jpg&name=large]
Reply/Quote
Could "B" worse though.....

[Image: aac5cb32-0710-427c-ba2f-81998f6d1d76-large1x1_cin.JPG]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 11:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Could "B" worse though.....

[Image: aac5cb32-0710-427c-ba2f-81998f6d1d76-large1x1_cin.JPG]

I’d still rather have the B (if done right) over the Browns 2.0.

Maybe something closer to this.

[Image: eaf7acc3d04ded6669c00ad1b5465ae9.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm hoping for something different and cool with any Bengals design but have to admit the original uniform and bland helmet would be a nice nod of respect to Paul Brown.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 01:02 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm hoping for something different and cool with any Bengals design but have to admit the original uniform and bland helmet would be a nice nod of respect to Paul Brown.

And others who wore it:
Greg Cook
Sam Wyche
Virgil Clark
Ken Anderson
Boobie Clark
Mike Reed
Tommy Casanova
Bob Trumpy
Lemar Parrish
Ken Riley
Pete Johnson
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 02:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And others who wore it:
Greg Cook
Sam Wyche
Virgil Clark
Ken Anderson
Boobie Clark
Mike Reed
Tommy Casanova
Bob Trumpy
Lemar Parrish
Ken Riley
Pete Johnson

And:

Bernie Kosar
Tim Couch
Johnny Football
Baker Mayfield.... 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 06:57 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: I'm for it, but only if the Bengals do a throwback and not some modern oddity. I'm not a big fan of what Detroit has done with their black logo helmet. It reminds of all the "modernisation" of logos and uniforms across the big 4 in the 90s, the NBA and NHL had some awful things come about. (What they did to my Blue Jays was also horrid).

I get the modernization argument but I love those Lions helmets/uni's. As long as we don't go the way of the NBA/MLB where they have 
sponsors on the uniforms and you cannot tell who the team is I am fine with new changes as long as they look cool. Keep the colors of the
teams the same for heck sure.

(04-22-2024, 11:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You guys are evidently totally missing the fact that Paul Brown moved a couple of hundred miles up the road and took their uniforms with him. It was a giant FU to the Browns organization, which is named after him. 

Props to Paul, but...

Doesn't mean they look good. The striped helmets look fantastic and are the best in the world. The Browns helmets and uni's are the most
plain and ugly uniforms in the world IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 11:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not the same one's originally posted, but I can't find those right now..... sorry for those who don't like them, but this will be the deal, just watch.... Burrow just out there all Greg Cook looking.... Cool

That top pic of Burrow should give everyone nightmares. Cover up the Bengals on the side of the helmet and it’s a picture of him as the Browns QB

Black with orange stripes is the way to go. Bengals are now known for the stripes/best helmets so the next great helmet is the inverted one.

Also, most of the truly great players listed who wore the original Browns style helmet had their finest hour with the stripes on their heads (Bengals 1st SB appearance)
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 09:28 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: That top pic of Burrow should give everyone nightmares. Cover up the Bengals on the side of the helmet and it’s a picture of him as the Browns QB

Black with orange stripes is the way to go. Bengals are now known for the stripes/best helmets so the next great helmet is the inverted one.

Also, most of the truly great players listed who wore the original Browns style helmet had their finest hour with the stripes on their heads (Bengals 1st SB appearance)

Browns have a stripe on the crown of the helmets. Actually Burrow looks great with that uni
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 02:51 PM)The Clapp Wrote:  
And:

Bernie Kosar
Tim Couch
Johnny Football
Baker Mayfield.... 

Dude, we get it, both helmets are orange. The Brown's have nothing but a stripe. The Bengals said Bengals. Do you know how many teams have blue or silver helmets? Just because the base color is the same doesn't mean it's the same helmet.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh yeah!!!
[Image: blob?bcid=ss0PCTCauO0GQQ]

[Image: blob?bcid=spSTX0g9pu0Ghw]

Re-post this so the people here can see what I was so hyped about. I like those white versions of the 70s helmet a lot

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 11:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: t the same one's originally posted, but I can't find those right now..... sorry for those who don't like them, but this will be the deal, just watch.... Burrow just out there all Greg Cook looking.... Cool

The old style helmet that Joe is wearing is the best option I've seen so far, that logo with a white helmet and maybe some smaller orange stripes would probably be awesome, I think the currnet Bengal white helmets are awesome and maybe the best in the league.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 09:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Dude, we get it, both helmets are orange. The Brown's have nothing but a stripe. The Bengals said Bengals. Do you know how many teams have blue or silver helmets? Just because the base color is the same doesn't mean it's the same helmet.

Do you get it?   Obviously not. Paul Brown took the Browns uniforms as a FU to THAT team.. hence the same colors.. He changed the helmet design radically, to distance the team from Cleveland. What sense does it make to have a throw back uniform (not just helmet) that would basically honor the Browns? 

Edit:  I have nothing against using the orange helmet with Bengals on the side as long as you can show me a tiger in the wild with Bengals written across the side of it.. I mean if we are going by the logic that there is no such thing as a black tiger with orange stripes. All joking aside.. i dont mind the orange helmet..its the damn uniforms i dont want..
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 11:14 AM)The Clapp Wrote: Edit:  I have nothing against using the orange helmet with Bengals on the side as long as you can show me a tiger in the wild with Bengals written across the side of it..

Show me an orange brown out in the wild.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 09:53 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Re-post this so the people here can see what I was so hyped about. I like those white versions of the 70s helmet a lot

[Image: 436379515_935776261887983_72245901957195...e=662DA71C]

[Image: 436611304_935776248554651_79703328604181...e=662DBEA6]
Reply/Quote