Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2025 NFL allowing a 3rd helmet option
(04-15-2024, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I have pretty special memories of watching games with these helmets and personally would love to see it be our throwback. It would be a homage to the Bengals greats who wore that helmet on Sundays. Much better than some other striped deal. We have the two best looking helmets in the league with the orange and the white striped, how about something diffrerent for the older players and fans.

[Image: c3943016-1252-4413-93f0-aa9fb036c14b-Old...derson.jpg]

No offense dude, but...
Your "special memories" don't trump the fact that these uniforms are GAWD AWFUL.
I'm sure a vast majority of fans would rather never see them on the field, ever again.
Besides, the Bengals never accomplished anything noteworthy in those uniforms (No Super Bowl appearances, etc), so let's just leave them in the dust-bin of history, where they belong.  Always part of their history, but never part of their future.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 11:58 AM)Tomkat Wrote: No offense dude, but...
Your "special memories" don't trump the fact that these uniforms are GAWD AWFUL.
I'm sure a vast majority of fans would rather never see them on the field, ever again.
Besides, the Bengals never accomplished anything noteworthy in those uniforms (No Super Bowl appearances, etc), so let's just leave them in the dust-bin of history, where they belong.  Always part of their history, but never part of their future.

You thinking those uniforms are awful is just your opinion.

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote

Show me any team's throwback that is not "God Awful." You evidently do not recognize the whole "throw-back" concept. They are not going to wear them all the time.

Now if you want to talk "God Awful" there are these....

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnbc-sports-production...293740.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 12:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You thinking those uniforms are awful are just your opinion.

He obviously is not old enough to even be around when the Bengals wore them. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 12:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You thinking those uniforms are awful are just your opinion.

True, but the fact is that those uniforms look like the Browns, who are godawful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 12:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Show me any team's throwback that is not "God Awful."

Just to name a few:

Chargers (powder blues)
Eagles (Kelly greens)
Seahawks (royal blues & silver)

Our Browns 2.0 not so much.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 12:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He obviously is not old enough to even be around when the Bengals wore them. 

I wasn’t either but I still like them

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 12:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He obviously is not old enough to even be around when the Bengals wore them. 

I'm 53... definitely old enough.  I remember thinking they were ugly, even then.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 12:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Show me any team's throwback that is not "God Awful." You evidently do not recognize the whole "throw-back" concept. They are not going to wear them all the time.

Now if you want to talk "God Awful" there are these....

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnbc-sports-production...293740.jpg]

UGH, you aren't kidding.
Let's just do away with the whole "throwback" concept, entirely.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 12:45 PM)Tomkat Wrote: UGH, you aren't kidding.
Let's just do away with the whole "throwback" concept, entirely.

The Eagles wore their Kelly green throwbacks last season, and looked great.

[Image: USP-NFL_-Miami-Dolphins-at-Philadelphia-...600&crop=1]

[Image: GTY-1751090108.jpg?resize=1536,1024]

[Image: GTY-1751134789.jpg?resize=1536,1024]

Probably my 2nd favorite uniforms in the league after our all whites.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I have pretty special memories of watching games with these helmets and personally would love to see it be our throwback. It would be a homage to the Bengals greats who wore that helmet on Sundays. Much better than some other striped deal. We have the two best looking helmets in the league with the orange and the white striped, how about something diffrerent for the older players and fans.

[Image: c3943016-1252-4413-93f0-aa9fb036c14b-Old...derson.jpg]

And again... They look even better with the lil modern take on them like the image of Burrow I posted in this thread. Other than the helmet being orange (which they still are), there's nothing Browns about them. The jerseys are black, the stripes on the sleeves aren't the same.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

I agree. They look like the Browns which are the worst in the NFL and yes that is my opinion, even uglier than the stealers.

(04-15-2024, 12:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, but the fact is that those uniforms look like the Browns, who are godawful.

Yes sir. Mellow

(04-15-2024, 12:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just to name a few:

Chargers (powder blues)
Eagles (Kelly greens)
Seahawks (royal blues & silver)

Our Browns 2.0 not so much.

I like the Rams yellow and blue as well. Really dislike the new Rams helmets. 

The Chargers powder blues are awesome and yeah, as much as I dislike the Eagles, those Kelly greens are cool and old school.

Just do our old one's with the stripes and I am fine with it, those same greats ("The Rattler", Kenny) etc wore the striped helmets...
Reply/Quote
It's gotta be either inverted (black with orange stripes) or throwback "BENGALS" on the helmet if they add a 3rd.

Now that we have the white helmet though, I dunno if I'd care for inverted. Throwback could look quite nice, assuming they added the rest of the uniform with it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Oh yeah!!!
[Image: blob?bcid=ss0PCTCauO0GQQ]

[Image: blob?bcid=spSTX0g9pu0Ghw]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh yeah!!!

WOW if they can do that white version of the throwback to pair with the old white 70’s uniforms? That would be stunning. That would be the best

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh yeah!!!

I don't see anything.  Mellow
Reply/Quote

I AM old enough and I still don't like them. I didn't back then and probably never will.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 05:18 PM)Earendil Wrote: I AM old enough and I still don't like them. I didn't back then and probably never will.

I wasn't around back then, but when I watch games and the highlights back then they just look damn near identical to the Browns.

I don't know how a Bengals fan can like them after we got the stripes put on our helmets. Never go back to that crap lol

The great players of that generation played in the striped helmets too, so I don't get pushing for the BENGALS on the side helmets at all.
Reply/Quote
It's gotta be black helmet with orange stripes of some sort. Katie do your thing
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 06:08 PM)bonesaw Wrote: It's gotta be black helmet with orange stripes of some sort. Katie do your thing

I agree - the stripes are what you think of when you think Bengals helmets. Black with orange stripes will look good and is the way to go.

I think this is more up Elizabeth and Caroline’s alley as far as getting this done…
Reply/Quote