Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2025 NFL allowing a 3rd helmet option
(04-11-2024, 12:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: To your first point, yes they can be:
https://www.the-sun.com/news/1740897/rare-black-tiger-spotted-india/
https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/odisha-black-tigers-safari-naveen-patnaik-9127455/
[Image: NINTCHDBPICT000618324014.jpg?strip=all&w=730]

To your second (bolded) point, huh? White tigers still exist.

And White Tigers have a lack of pigmentation and other geno/phenotype anomalies that the melanistic tigers do.

EDIT* and yes, no ******* old shit: helmets are eternally bland/ugly and the jerseys are, like Nicomo said, just Browns jerseys.

That's still an orange cat with black stripes. It just has a lot of them, but you can even see the orange undercoat bleeding through.
Quote:BLACK TIGERS

Again the product of a genetic mutation, so-called black tigers are cats that have stripes that are so wide and closely set that their fur appears black. Reports suggests that there are parts of the world where these tigers are becoming more common, which is likely due to inbreeding because tigers are losing their habitat to humans.
Unfortunately, although tigers with the mutations described here are undoubtedly beautiful, the mutations themselves come with difficulties, which often means that the tigers don’t survive very long, or are born with health issues. 

And "White Tigers" white tigers are mostly caused by manipulated genes, which is not practiced anymore because inbreeding is not good.
Quote:The white tiger is a result of a rare genetic mutation and the most efficient way to breed them is by using two tigers who have the recessive genes needed to produce offspring with a white coat. In captive breeding facilities these two individuals are often related, making inbreeding common. In the US, all white tigers originate from a single male white continental tiger which was imported to the country decades ago.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 02:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's still an orange cat with black stripes. It just has a lot of them, but you can even see the orange undercoat bleeding through.

And "White Tigers" white tigers are mostly caused by manipulated genes, which is not practiced anymore because inbreeding is not good.

1. Yes, I know that, however the gene mutation is what causes them to be predominantly black, thus giving the appearance of orange stripes.
2. So wild White Tigers won't breed with each other because it's not a good practice?

All I'm saying is that these looks are very fluid, based on genes and the like: White Tigers existed in the wild LONG before any human got involved in breeding them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Somoebody posted the all black uniforms on twitter with a black helmet with orange stripes and it looked pretty cool. I think that's the way they would go.

I don't think too many fans are old enough to remember the "BENGALS" helmet and most probably would find it as ugly as I do.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 09:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Black with Orange stripe would look stupid. Bengal Tigers are not striped that way. They are orange with black stripes, or, when they existed, white with black stripes. Blkack with orange stripes makes about as much sense as the Colts using a bull's nose ring instead of a horseshoe.

Real lions aren't blue, who cares? It's just a design choice that will ultimately be used to generate interest and money for the brand. 
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 02:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Real lions aren't blue, who cares? It's just a design choice that will ultimately be used to generate interest and money for the brand. 

I used to be on the same train as Sled as the black with orange stripes isn't realistic, but adding this 3rd option makes me change my mind a 
bit and I am open to it as long as it looks cool. It WILL look better than the throwback Browns helmets with the Bengals word on it. Ugh. Sick

I am just happy we have the white helmets with the black stripes now, the coolest helmet ever.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 02:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Real lions aren't blue, who cares? It's just a design choice that will ultimately be used to generate interest and money for the brand. 

I was about to make a similar point. The logo doesn't have to perfectly represent the real animal.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind a throwback uniform or a black helmet with orange stripes with black jerseys and black pants. We could have an all black uniform to go with the all white ones.
Reply/Quote
If every orange helmet is a "Browns helmet", aren't our helmets just Browns helmets with tiger stripes on them?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 04:05 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I wouldn't mind a throwback uniform or a black helmet with orange stripes with black jerseys and black pants. We could have an all black uniform to go with the all white ones.

Solar Eclipse Black with a thin orange Halo around it...    Shocked
Reply/Quote
I want the Bengals org to do an open campaign for fans to submit new helmet designs for the 3rd helmet.. the winner gets free tickets for a year in the booth.
Reply/Quote
Think since you already have the orange helmet and the white helmet, a throwback helmet would be a good third.

Also interesting how over the span of just like 2-3 years there's suddenly no more safety concerns from the NFL about sticking to a single helmet all year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 07:32 PM)jason Wrote: If every orange helmet is a "Browns helmet", aren't our  helmets just Browns helmets with tiger stripes on them?

So you want us to wear the orange helmet with "BENGALS" on the side?

Damn those are ugly, the stripes are what make our helmets special.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So you want us to wear the orange helmet with "BENGALS" on the side?

Google "1970s Bengals uniforms" and check out the pics of Burrow and Ja'Marr in them that'll pop up. They look pretty slick, and it'd be a nice homage to Riley, Anderson, Curtis, Parish, and the guys that played most of their careers in them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 03:02 PM)jason Wrote: Google "1970s Bengals uniforms" and check out the pics of Burrow and Ja'Marr in them that'll pop up. They look pretty slick, and it'd be a nice homage to Riley, Anderson, Curtis, Parish, and the guys that played most of their careers in them.

I did and I didn't get any pics of Burrow or Ja'Marr in them, but the ones with the striped helmets wouldn't be bad as you say, as a way to pay 
homage to those greats in The Rattler, Kenny, Ike and Parish and company. All I can say is have stripes in the 3rd helmet option no matter what.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 03:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I did and I didn't get any pics of Burrow or Ja'Marr in them, but the ones with the striped helmets wouldn't be bad as you say, as a way to pay 
homage to those greats in The Rattler, Kenny, Ike and Parish and company. All I can say is have stripes in the 3rd helmet option no matter what.

Attached Files Image(s)

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Still don't like it Jason, gotta have the stripes my man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still don't like it Jason, gotta have the stripes my man. Mellow

You know what you like, and will accept nothing less... Haha.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 08:45 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Think since you already have the orange helmet and the white helmet, a throwback helmet would be a good third.

Also interesting how over the span of just like 2-3 years there's suddenly no more safety concerns from the NFL about sticking to a single helmet all year.

That rule never made sense. I could see making a player wear the same make, model and size helmet all year, but helmets get worse, not better, with every hit. One would think the players most often involved in contact, like your safeties etc., would wear a new helmet every game.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So you want us to wear the orange helmet with "BENGALS" on the side?

Agreed, I'm pretty sure back in the day, Paul B was not thinking ahead that his team would someday be worth Billions and the generic BENGALS wording on an orange helmet would do at the time. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 06:04 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Agreed, I'm pretty sure back in the day, Paul B was not thinking ahead that his team would someday be worth Billions and the generic BENGALS wording on an orange helmet would do at the time. 

I have pretty special memories of watching games with these helmets and personally would love to see it be our throwback. It would be a homage to the Bengals greats who wore that helmet on Sundays. Much better than some other striped deal. We have the two best looking helmets in the league with the orange and the white striped, how about something diffrerent for the older players and fans.

[Image: c3943016-1252-4413-93f0-aa9fb036c14b-Old...derson.jpg]
Reply/Quote