Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2025 NFL allowing a 3rd helmet option
(04-19-2024, 06:08 PM)bonesaw Wrote: It's gotta be black helmet with orange stripes of some sort. Katie do your thing

I agree - the stripes are what you think of when you think Bengals helmets. Black with orange stripes will look good and is the way to go.

I think this is more up Elizabeth and Caroline’s alley as far as getting this done…
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 05:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wasn't around back then, but when I watch games and the highlights back then they just look damn near identical to the Browns.

I don't know how a Bengals fan can like them after we got the stripes put on our helmets. Never go back to that crap lol

The great players of that generation played in the striped helmets too, so I don't get pushing for the BENGALS on the side helmets at all.

No one is suggesting replacing the stripes. All they're talking about is playing one game a year in the old  uniform. Yeah, it looks like a Browns helmet.... if the Brown's helmet said Bengals on the side. 
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 06:48 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I agree - the stripes are what you think of when you think Bengals helmets. Black with orange stripes will look good and is the way to go.

I think this is more up Elizabeth and Caroline’s alley as far as getting this done…
Well it's not up to any of us, but I'm betting they go old school Bengals
Reply/Quote
The old Bengals helmet makes me wonder if we had creative people whatsoever back then. They look like Paul managed to rob the Frowns on his way out. "FINE! If you jerks wanna fire me..well... I'M TAKING THESE WITH ME! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" as a crew of local Cleveland mafiosos load a stolen U-Haul with whatever Paul points at.

I mean, c'mon bro..at least switch it up, make the helmets black with BENGALS in orange letters and white outline. Talk about minimum effort!
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 07:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No one is suggesting replacing the stripes. All they're talking about is playing one game a year in the old  uniform. Yeah, it looks like a Browns helmet.... if the Brown's helmet said Bengals on the side. 

You kind of are suggesting replacing the stripes, for one game a year...

And I don't like it. Mellow

(04-20-2024, 10:19 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: The old Bengals helmet makes me wonder if we had creative people whatsoever back then. They look like Paul managed to rob the Frowns on his way out. "FINE! If you jerks wanna fire me..well... I'M TAKING THESE WITH ME! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" as a crew of local Cleveland mafiosos load a stolen U-Haul with whatever Paul points at.

I mean, c'mon bro..at least switch it up, make the helmets black with BENGALS in orange letters and white outline. Talk about minimum effort!

Yes, if I was Paul I would of tried to be the least like those bastids I could of, thank God for thinking of the stripes, better late than never.

But those first ones sure looked like lazy wanna be Browns uniforms.
Reply/Quote
The "reality" argument is really silly when we're talking about unis. I like the pic Jason posted with the bigger blocked "BENGALS" on the side. Can't see Sled's pics.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 01:11 PM)jason Wrote: And again... They look even better with the lil modern take on them like the image of Burrow I posted in this thread. Other than the helmet being orange (which they still are), there's nothing Browns about them. The jerseys are black, the stripes on the sleeves aren't the same.

Thank you!! I have never gotten confused if I was watching the Bengals or the Browns... Not even close 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I have pretty special memories of watching games with these helmets and personally would love to see it be our throwback. It would be a homage to the Bengals greats who wore that helmet on Sundays. Much better than some other striped deal. We have the two best looking helmets in the league with the orange and the white striped, how about something diffrerent for the older players and fans.

[Image: c3943016-1252-4413-93f0-aa9fb036c14b-Old...derson.jpg]

Love this post.   And I love the throwback uniforms  for all the reasons you expressed. 

But if they don't do the throwback uniforms, I'm all in on the inverted  stripes
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2024, 06:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The "reality" argument is really silly when we're talking about unis. I like the pic Jason posted with the bigger blocked "BENGALS" on the side. Can't see Sled's pics.

(04-20-2024, 11:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Thank you!! I have never gotten confused if I was watching the Bengals or the Browns... Not even close 

(04-21-2024, 12:06 AM)3wt Wrote: Love this post.   And I love the throwback uniforms  for all the reasons you expressed. 

But if they don't do the throwback uniforms, I'm all in on the inverted  stripes

I could even be down with it since I respect all you dude's so much.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 12:44 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I could even be down with it since I respect all you dude's so much.  Wink

It is just 1 game after all. It's like anything else fashion related to the 60s & 70s, you got to roll with the awful fashion. I didn't get the images of Joe and Ja'mar sporting the old school helmets either.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 12:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: It is just 1 game after all. It's like anything else fashion related to the 60s & 70s, you got to roll with the awful fashion. I didn't get the images of Joe and Ja'mar sporting the old school helmets either.

There could be a way where I would be fine with it I guess, but the stripes were the reason I became a Bengals fan at age 7 for heck sake.

The 2nd Super Bowl against Joe Montana and the 49ers. I saw that team giving them one heck of a game with those cool stripes on their helmets 
while everyone around me was rooting for the 49ers. I was sad to watch our guys lose and became a fan of the underachieving Bengals from that 
point on and suffered for a long time until recently.

I used to say that the inverted stripes weren't realistic and they are not, but like KillerGoose said, Lions aren't blue either, as long as they look cool
I am happy.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 12:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There could be a way where I would be fine with it I guess, but the stripes were the reason I became a Bengals fan at age 7 for heck sake.

The 2nd Super Bowl against Joe Montana and the 49ers. I saw that team giving them one heck of a game with those cool stripes on their helmets 
while everyone around me was rooting for the 49ers. I was sad to watch our guys lose and became a fan of the underachieving Bengals from that 
point on and suffered for a long time until recently.

I used to say that the inverted stripes weren't realistic and they are not, but like KillerGoose said, Lions aren't blue either, as long as they look cool
I am happy.

Speaking of the Lions, I think their new uniforms are awesome.

[Image: GLfDHSBXcAA8kTU.jpg]

If we do a helmet without the stripes I’d much rather it be something like this with our Tiger.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 01:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Speaking of the Lions, I think their new uniforms are awesome.

If we do a helmet without the stripes I’d much rather it be something like this with our Tiger.

It appears the Jets and Texans are also revealing new uniforms. I wonder how they'll look.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 02:07 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It appears the Jets and Texans are also revealing new uniforms. I wonder how they'll look.

Jets already came out. I’ve seen a lot of disappointment around them looking too much like their old ones.

[Image: yyyau0bxjfpavxhu5qbt.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 02:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jets already came out. I’ve seen a lot of disappointment around them looking too much like their old ones.

Oops, I overlooked the news. They look good, but nothing new or overly exciting. As you said, similar to what they've worn before.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 07:46 PM)depthchart Wrote: Solar Eclipse Black with a thin orange Halo around it...    Shocked

A mat black helmet with orange would be a nice look 
They really need to update that Boring 'B" they use. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 01:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Speaking of the Lions, I think their new uniforms are awesome.

Wow, those are now the second best uni's in the league after our whites, epic.PervertClapping

Yes, hope we do something like that with the Tiger, that would be fantastic.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 02:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jets already came out. I’ve seen a lot of disappointment around them looking too much like their old ones.

They went back to their 80s and 90s unis it looks to me.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 12:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Show me any team's throwback that is not "God Awful." You evidently do not recognize the whole "throw-back" concept. They are not going to wear them all the time.

Now if you want to talk "God Awful" there are these....

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnbc-sports-production...293740.jpg]

Pittsburgh Steelers ditch "bumble bee" throwback jerseys for vintage '70s gear

https://www.cleveland.com/steelers/2018/05/pittsburgh_steelers_ditch_bumb.html

The move means the Steelers are ending the use of their 1933 throwbacks that featured black-and-gold horizontal stripes that made the team resemble a pack of bees.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 12:07 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: The Browns helmet with BENGALS on the side? I'm a big no on that.

Quick which team is which?

[Image: hqdefault.jpg][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6PedqvB8Pk-9CpGVB--X...g&usqp=CAU]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote