Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Columbia Leaders Grilled at Antisemitism Hearing
I have to admit I'm surprised at how fast these protests are spreading. This is starting to remind me of
Vietnam War and SA Apartheid protests.

When they began, there was a large knowledge gap between universities and the public, which slowly
closed over the following decade.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/columbia-cancels-classes-riot-police-135332159.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Key Points
NYPD arrests NYU students for ‘disorderly’ conduct and ‘trespassing'

Cal Poly Humboldt closes campus amid ‘dangerous’ situation

At least 45 arrested at Yale University after riot police storm campus during pro-Palestinian protest

Columbia moves classes online for the rest of the semester

House speaker calls on Columbia University president to quit

The speaker of the House of Representatives, Mike Johnson, has called on Columbia University President Minouche Shafik to resign for her "failure," in his estimation, to protect Jewish students on campus.

“We just can’t allow this kind of hatred and antisemitism to flourish on our campuses, and it must be stopped in its tracks. Those who are perpetrating this violence should be arrested. I am here today, joining my colleagues and calling on President Shafik to resign if she cannot immediately bring order to this chaos,” Mr Johnson said.Mr Johnson said she should step down unless she could immediately end the protests on campus.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Columbia Leaders Grilled at Antisemitism Hearing - Dill - 04-25-2024, 01:11 PM