Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ancient Greeks’ Guide to Rejecting Propaganda and Disinformation
Who questions the questioners or do we accept what they say as fact? People have to determine for themselves because ultimately there is no way for each individual to directly question a President or a congressperson on social media. At some point you have to rely on someone or do it yourself. A fact checker can easily be manipulated by their own beliefs. They can manipulate which references they use and which they omit. If they provide references. Or they could not fact check other things from a similar ideology.

Edit: I read The Republic in college,(maybe high school) and I can’t swear I finished it so correct me if I’m wrong. The central question was “what is justice”. That became 1000 pages of answers and the questioning the answer over and over in an attempt to discover the truth. And that is a very simplistic summary. To compare that to fact checkers, even completely honest ones, seems a bit ridiculous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ancient Greeks’ Guide to Rejecting Propaganda and Disinformation - michaelsean - 04-26-2024, 06:55 PM