Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Columbia Leaders Grilled at Antisemitism Hearing
(04-30-2024, 10:40 AM)jmccracky Wrote: I don't disagree with a lot here. I guess I'm just seeing a lot of the anti Jew rhetoric and several examples enough to concern me. Not just a t shirt or two. I hope you're right and it's just a real minority. But according to the lefties at work and my friends (I'm pretty far left), it's creeping into their psyche. They say "we love everyone!", then say the Jews are bad lol. Then say not all Jews when I give em a look. It's the same as when a racist dude says "not all blacks are bad" when trying to explain that they ain't THAT racist. Lol 

Thanks for the discussion. I hope I'm wrong. 

I think this is the inherent problem of any ethnic state and protesting the actions of it. When it comes to typical activist actions there isn't much room to parse out the nuances between the country, the government, and the people. In addition, the role of the Jewish people as antagonists in western society is so deep rooted that it is not surprising at all to me when people start leaning towards that in these scenarios. This is something that has been a part of the psyche of our culture for centuries at this point and it really isn't going to take much to play on that. Obviously, this is both concerning and problematic but it is something that we need to come to terms with before we can ever move past it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Columbia Leaders Grilled at Antisemitism Hearing - Belsnickel - 04-30-2024, 11:06 AM