Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Columbia Leaders Grilled at Antisemitism Hearing
(04-30-2024, 11:06 AM)Millhouse Wrote: There are both pro-hamas/jihad and pro-Palestine protestors tho. And I hate to use looks of someone in a discussion, but the look of many of these protestors it's hard to tell which. But I do think many if not almost all the pro-jihad/hamas ones are not college students, at least I hope to God they aren't.

Most of the protesters just want an end to the violence. Let's be clear, Millennials and younger in this country have lived most, if not all of their lives where they have born witness to conflict in the middle east with the US involved and seeing the devastating effects on not just the innocents in the region, but our friends and family. I was having a discussion with an Army MI officer I know who was an officer in the battlefield planning during the invasion of Iraq. We had a discussion about age and I put it into context for him, telling him that the young PFCs and SPCs that he was making those plans for were my classmates.

The 40 and younger crowd in this country is just absolutely exhausted when it comes to war.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Columbia Leaders Grilled at Antisemitism Hearing - Belsnickel - 04-30-2024, 11:12 AM