Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Columbia Leaders Grilled at Antisemitism Hearing
(04-30-2024, 11:13 AM)Millhouse Wrote: One thing that is fascinating is how many on the left, particularly the far left seem to support Islam over Christianity and Judaism, which is just baffling to me when one looks over the world landscape of the countries dominated by those religions. Anyways though I am sure we may disagree on a few things, I will always be against all antisemites out there in the world, regardless if they are far left or far right. 

On it's face I agree, it makes very little sense.  Islam, as it is practiced in most of the world, is a very regressive and authoritarian ideology.  But when you look at it through the lens these kids use, which is who is powerful and who is not, Islam is a victim.  What countries are the most powerful?  Western nations are largely Christian, especially historically, and the most powerful.  These kids view everything as either powerful or not powerful, extrapolated further in oppressor versus oppressed.  So to them, Islam is an oppressed ideology by the racist and more powerful western nations.  Not coincidentally the western nations the vast majority of these kids grew up in.  When kids go through their rebellious phase they rebel against the status quo, what they grew up immersed in, and are ultimately "oppressed" by.  Add it a small smattering of education on western intervention in the region and you get what you see today.

This is why you get the apparent cognitive dissonance of advocating for communism, an ideology that has murdered millions, considerably more than any other on Earth.  That's why they can wear a Che Guevara shirt, while ignoring that he was a bigoted, homophobic murderer.  And that's why they can praise Islam despite it being openly misogynistic in just about everywhere it predominates.  Despite it being openly and vehemently homophobic in the exact same fashion.  It's not about ideological consistency, it's about oppressed versus oppressor, and to these kids the "oppressed" are always right, always virtuous and always victimized. And that's why they view Israel as the bad guy/oppressor, and even a vile terrorist organization like Hamas as a victim/oppressed.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Columbia Leaders Grilled at Antisemitism Hearing - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-30-2024, 11:55 AM