Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Columbia Leaders Grilled at Antisemitism Hearing
(04-30-2024, 11:19 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I want the violence to end too. One thing to note with the younger generations, like college kids and younger, they weren't around when 9-11 occurred. And Jihadist groups such as Hamas who wants Israel and the U.S. destroyed, aren't probably perceived the same way as many of the rest of us who have deeper feelings towards those kind of groups, per say.

I had a conversation with a world religions professor about this, once. I was helping her with some research and she was teaching one of those 101 type classes. We had this sudden realization that the students she was teaching had no pre-9/11 reference point for Islam and how that would color their view of the religion. That was Gen Z. As we move into the latter years of Gen and into Gen Alpha, they will be further removed from those events and will see the people in the ME more as victims than Millennials and older Gen Z people do.

Of course, as with any generational discussion this is all generalities and not really well defined. In addition, I am not putting any amount of judgement on any of the viewpoints, only that there is going to be a differentiation based on the timeline of events. So no one come at me with your bullshit. All of this is admittedly "squishy" when it comes to the science of it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Columbia Leaders Grilled at Antisemitism Hearing - Belsnickel - 04-30-2024, 02:47 PM