Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ancient Greeks’ Guide to Rejecting Propaganda and Disinformation
(04-29-2024, 10:05 AM)Dill Wrote: Agree with the bolded. And somewhat concerned if Jesuit institutions are "adapting" to the marketplace. 

A side question--did your professors at the Jesuit university ever require you to read St. Augustine, especially The City of God

I don’t remember that book. We had to take three required philosophies and one elective. I remember metaphysics, but not the other two required ones. They also dropped theology requirements equally.

And yes it’s kind of shocking a Jesuit University is moving away from a classic education, but it’s probably necessary. College is now seen 100% as a way to get a better job, and something like philosophy seems like a waste of time. And who can blame people for that at these prices? A lot of classes that were once considered necessary for a well rounded education are now looked at as a luxury. Hell my dad was surprised I only had to have four philosophy credits.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ancient Greeks’ Guide to Rejecting Propaganda and Disinformation - michaelsean - 04-30-2024, 07:27 PM