Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Columbia Leaders Grilled at Antisemitism Hearing
(05-09-2024, 08:09 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: For starters, my son and his friends did a crap ton of research.

Did they find out anything about the causes of the war, what the protestors were really protesting?

(05-09-2024, 08:09 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm blaming the "leaders" er activists pretending to be leaders at the colleges.

This is stupid simple stuff.  Peaceful protest = not disrupting students ability to learn, go to class, etc. = not a problem.  Protests that cause problems for the students and/or the campus = a problem = immediate removal of problem.  Weak leaders = not removing the problem OR leaders who agree with the protest not removing the problem.  

I'm wondering if a "strong" leader who cleared the protests right away might not have created a bigger problem--and lost her job.

I remember how, back in the 60s, "strong" leaders got blowback from quashing protests that caused problems--especially in Chicago and Birmingham.
They gave the advantage and the moral high ground to the protestors.

I'm betting today's university presidents are very familiar with that history. That's historical memory is what makes them "weak."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Columbia Leaders Grilled at Antisemitism Hearing - Dill - 05-09-2024, 04:14 PM